Basic Sourdough RecipeFebruary 6, 2020
Flour & Grain Products – Shelf Life Guide during the current wet and high humidity conditionsMarch 2, 2020
- 225g BFFM Self raising flour
- 75g Caster sugar
- 1 Tspn Baking powder
- 125g Butter unsalted, cut into cubes
- 150g Sultanas
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbspn Milk
- 2 Tspn Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven 180˚C to 160 ˚C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix the flour, sugar and baking powder in a bowl and rub in the cubed butter until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs, then mix in the dried fruit.
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg and milk together with the vanilla extract.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir with a spoon until the mixture just comes together. Add a teaspoon more milk if you need it to make the mixture stick together.
- Roll mixture into golfball-sized portions, place on prepared baking tray. Leave space between them as they will flatten and spread out to double their size during baking.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, until golden-brown. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes, then turn them out onto a wire rack to cool.