White ChristmasNovember 26, 2018
ShortbreadNovember 26, 2018
It’s known for it’s association to Christmas, but this Boiled Fruit Cake recipe can be made any time of the year!
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 125g margarine
- 500g BFFM mixed fruit (with real cherries)
- 1 teas bicarb soda
- 1 tbs golden syrup
- Sherry (as needed)
- 1 cup of cold mashed pumpkin
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup BFFM SR flour
- 1 cup BFFM plain flour
- Sherry (additional)
- In a saucepan melt margarine, then add brown sugar, mixed fruit, bicarb soda, golden syrup and sherry. Stir to blend ingredients and bring to the boil, then let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cool mixture.
- Mix into cooled mixture the mashed pumpkin, beaten eggs, Self Raising Flour, Plain Flour and sherry (as needed)
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Grease and line cake tin before filling with mixture.
- Cook for 1 1/2 hours. When removing from the oven, wrap in newspaper while cooling to keep cake moist.