White ChristmasNovember 26, 2018
ShortbreadNovember 26, 2018
It’s known for it’s association to Christmas, but this Boiled Fruit Cake recipe can be made any time of the year!
- 1 1/2 Cups brown sugar
- 125g Margarine or butter
- 500g BFFM mixed fruit (with real cherries)
- 1 Tspn Bi Carb soda
- 1 Tbspn Golden syrup
- Sherry (as needed)
- 1 Cup of cold mashed pumpkin
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 Cup BFFM Self Raising flour
- 1 Cup BFFM Plain flour
- In a saucepan melt margarine, then add brown sugar, mixed fruit, bicarb soda, golden syrup and sherry. Stir to blend ingredients and bring to the boil, then let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cool mixture.
- Mix into cooled mixture the mashed pumpkin, beaten eggs, Self Raising Flour, Plain Flour and sherry (as needed)
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Grease and line cake tin before filling with mixture.
- Cook for 1 1/2 hours. When removing from the oven, wrap in newspaper while cooling to keep cake moist.