Chocolate Mousse using Polava Roma Kold Custard PremixOctober 2, 2019
Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP) – A Healthy option to extend your food production and reduce your costsOctober 21, 2019
FOR THE CAKE
- 1 Cup of brown sugar
- 113g Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ½ Cups of Self Raising flour
- ½ Cup of milk
- ½ Tspn of vanilla
- 1 Tspn golden syrup
- Pinch of salt
- ½ Tspn of cinnamon
- ½ Cup of chopped dates
- ½ Cup of chopped walnuts
FOR THE ICING
- 1 Cup sifted icing sugar
- 1 Tbspn of butter
- 1 Tbspn of lemon juice
- Walnuts and dates for decorating
- Cream butter and sugar, add egg yolks, beat in well, sift flour salt and cinnamon together.
- Mix golden syrup with milk and vanilla, add alternately, sifted dry ingredients, dates and nuts to the creamed mixture.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff but not dry, then lightly fold into batter.
- Bake in a greased tin approx, 50 minutes.
- Soften butter for icing, beat in half icing sugar, add lemon juice and remaining icing sugar, beat to a smooth creamy consistency.
- Spread over cake and decorate with pieces of dates and walnuts.
RECIPE RESOURCE: By L. Campbell. Central School Favourites Dubbo 1852 – 1958