Pear and Almond Streusel BreadApril 29, 2020
SJFF Sweet Bun Bread MixApril 30, 2020
- 600g Ben Furney Sweet Bun Mix
- 300g water
- 3 teaspoons of dry yeast (approx 21g)
- 2 teaspoons of mixed spices
- 200g of raisins (or more if desired)
- Combine Sweet Bun Mix, yeast & mixed spice in a large bowl.
- Gradually add water, use a flat-bladed knife to mix until dough almost comes together. Add raisins & finish mixing with hands until it forms a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface & knead for a further 10 minutes, or until dough is smooth.
- Place into a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap & set aside in a warm place for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until dough doubles in size.
- Knead for 30 seconds on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Divide into 8-12 even balls. Place balls onto lined tray, approx 1cm apart then cover with plastic wrap & set aside in a warm place for a further 30 minutes, or until buns double in size. Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Once buns have finished proofing pipe on crossing mix before placing into oven (see recipe below for crossing mix).
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until buns are cooked through.
- Serve with butter or spread of your choice.
TIPS: Substituting a teaspoon of water with a table spoon of canola/vegetable oil will give a more tender crumb or browner & crisper crust.
- 50g Ben Furney Crossing Mix
- 50ml cold water
- Place crossing mix in bowl then slowly add cold water until you reach the desired consistency.
- Whisk until smooth paste.
- Pipe onto buns after proofing before placing into oven.