PancakesNovember 26, 2018
White ChristmasNovember 26, 2018
A delicious blend of sweet and savoury. This Peanut Caramel Squares recipe will surprise and delight!
- 125g butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/4 SR flour
- 2 tbs custard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbs golden syrup
- 90g butter
- 125g roasted peanuts
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolk and mix well.
- Add sifted flours, custard powder and salt. Mix to form a dough.
- Press into a lightly greased tray. Bake in a moderate oven for 15 minutes.
- Place brown sugar, golden syrup and butter in a small saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until butter melted and sugar dissolved.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in roughly chopped nuts, pour over base.
Refrigerate until set.