Client SuccessesNovember 10, 2018
Hedgehog SliceNovember 26, 2018
This Pistachio and Semolina Syrup Cake recipe is simple, yet delicious!
- 200ml water
- 215g caster sugar
- 2 1/2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teas finely grated lemon rind
- 160g unsalted pistachio kernels
- 150g BFFM plain flour
- 90g BFFM semolina
- 2 1/2 teas baking powder
- 150g unsalted soft butter
- 155g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 130g greek natural yoghurt
- chopped pistachios and whipped cream, to serve
- Place water, sugar, lemon juice and rind in a small saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil, simmer for two minutes or until syrup thickens.
- Preheat oven 180°C. Grease and flour dust a round 20cm pan.
- Process pistachio kernels until finely ground.
- Sift flour, semolina and baking powder into a bowl. Stir in ground pistachios.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time and beat well.
- Stir in flour mixture. Add yoghurt and mix until combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes.
- Use a skewer to pierce holes all through cake. Pour syrup over cake. Set aside to cool.
- Serve with Pistachios and cream.