Simple 5-Minute OatmealJune 12, 2020
Buttermilk PancakesJuly 23, 2020
All bread mixes require the addition of water and yeast. Follow the recipe
on your bread mix packet and refer to the below method:
- Mix bread mix, yeast and water in a large bowl. Water absorption of flour may vary slightly, its best to add water a bit at a time.
- Knead dough until smooth and slightly tacky to the touch. This can take approx. 10-12 minutes.
- Once kneaded, place back into a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with cling wrap or a damp tea towel. Set aside and allow to double in size. Ideal temp for proofing is around 30˚c.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead. Cover the dough again and allow it to rest until it returns to the expanded size.
- Preheat the oven to 220˚c.
- Turn dough out and mold to your desired shape or place in loaf tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes for a standard loaf. Check if the loaf is cooked by tapping the bottom of the loaf – it should sound hollow if done, if it doesn’t then return it to the oven for another 5 – 7 minutes.
- Once cooked, cool on the rack. If baked in tins, bread should be removed from the tins and placed on racks immediately. Allow bread to cool for 30 minutes before wrapping or cutting.
If you’re using a bread maker, stuck and need help? Contact our team, we are always more than happy to help.