Ben Furney’s Pizza DoughNovember 27, 2018
SconesNovember 27, 2018
This Creamy Polenta recipe will help you create the perfect base, so you can add variations to suit your taste.
- 750ml cold water
- 170g BFFM coarse polenta
- 125ml thin cream
- 20g finely grated parmesan
- 40g butter
- Boil the water in a large saucepan. Stir the water with a wire balloon whisk.
- Gradually add Polenta in a thin, steady stream, whisking constantly until the Polenta is combined. Be careful not to add Polenta too quickly, as it will turn lumpy.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon for 10 minutes, or until mixture thickens and Polenta is soft.
- Remove from heat. Add cream, parmesan and butter, stir until well combined. Serve immediately.
To test if Polenta is soft: Spoon Polenta mixture onto plate and cool slightly. Rub mixture between 2 fingers to see if the grains have softened. If grains are still firm, continue to cook, stirring constantly over a low heat.