SJFF Bread & Roll Bread MixNovember 26, 2018
SJFF Soy & Linseed Bread MixNovember 27, 2018
Bread Maker Method
- Place bread pan on scales and zero Tare.
- Add Water zero scales.
- Weigh bread mix.
- Add yeast.
- Select desired setting and press start. Recommended setting: Wholemeal Light, Medium, Dark, Rapid or Basic, Light, Medium, Dark, Rapid.
- Mix bread mix, yeast and water in a large bowl. Water absorption of flour may vary slightly, its best to add water a bit at a time.
- Knead dough until smooth and slightly tacky to the touch. This can take approx. 10-12minutes.
- Once kneaded, place back into lightly oiled bowl. Cover with cling wrap or damp tea towel. Set aside and allow to double insize. Ideal temp for proofing is around 30˚c.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead. Cover the dough again and allow it to rest until it returns to the expanded size.
- Pre heat oven to 220˚c.
- Turn dough out and mold to your desired shape or place in loaf tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes for a standard loaf. Check if the loaf is cooked by tapping the bottom of the loaf – it should sound hollow if done, if it doesn’t then return it to the oven for another 5 – 7 minutes.
- Once cooked, cool on rack. If baked in tins, bread should be removed from the tins and placed on racks immediately. Allow bread to cool for 30 minutes before wrapping or cutting.
TIPS: A lighter textured grain bread can be achieved by using the basic setting. Substituting a teaspoon of water with a tablespoon of canola/vegetable oil will give a more tender crumb or browner, crisper crust.