State of the Season 2020October 9, 2020
New range of baking mixes have arrived at Ben Furney Flour Mills!October 26, 2020
- Blend Biscuit Crumb Base Mix and Margarine
- Press into tin
- Whisk cheesecake premix and water together on high speed for three minutes until light and smooth.
- Top up your cheesecake base with the mixture and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat the egg whites and a pinch of salt using the low speed of an electric mixer until they are frothy.
- Add the cream of tartar and increase the mixer speed to medium. Continue beating until the whites are fluffy with large bubbles forming around the edges.
- With the mixer running, add the sugar a few teaspoons at a time, mixing the sugar in completely before adding more. Continue until all of the sugar is incorporated.
- Continue beating until the peaks are firm but still glossy. Add the vanilla.
- Spoon the meringue onto the room temperature (not cold) cheesecake. Spread the meringue to the crust edge to seal the filling in. Fluff it with the back of a spoon to make decorative peaks across the pie.
- Bake at 180 C for about 12 minutes.