Private Label & Clean Skin Food Manufacturing Options from Ben Furney Flour MillsJune 11, 2021
Wholegrain Flour – a premium product with higher nutritional benefitsAugust 20, 2021
- 4 cups white spelt flour
- 4 tps baking powder
- 3/4 tps sea salt
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk (or milk alternative)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC. Butter or line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Sift together dry ingredients. Dice the butter and rub into the dry ingredients with your fingers until the mixture is crumbly.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk ( keep aside 2 tbs of milk to use for brushing the top of the scones). Stir the rest into the dry ingredients until just blended. It’s important to not overwork the mixture.
- Tip the mixture onto a floured board and knead of just another couple of times. adding a little flour as needed. (the mixture should be firm enough to hold its shape when cut). Then using a round cookie cutter cut into 12 scones. Place them onto a prepared baking sheet giving appropriate space between scones.
- Brush tops of scones with reserved egg-milk mixture and bake for around 15-20 mins or until scones have risen and the tops and bottoms are golden.
Belinda substitutes ¼ cup of coconut for ¼ cup of Spelt and reduces the sugar down to 1 tablespoon to make it a little bit healthier !
You can also add 1 table spoon of LSA ( Linseed Sunflower and Almond Meal ) to make them healthier without effecting the taste.